Thread: Invalid user name. Your user name contains invalid characters ...

Ausrufezeichen Invalid user name. Your user name contains invalid characters ...

Hi Folks,

attached two regkeys which should solve the problem.
    One for the full version and one for the demo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roman; 11.09.2007 at 11:12.
    Gruss
    Roman

Default Re: Invalid user name. Your user name contains invalid characters ...

Sorry to be posting here, if Im not supposed to. But, Im having a similar problem with logging in with my username since I changed it with the change name command /nick "password" "new name".

I have the PC version, and I don't think this is the patch to fix this problem.

My question is if for some reason my account was deactivated, would I at least get a notification? I don't think for any reason it should have been, unless its wrong to use names that are 18 characters long. Heres the thing though, my name does show up in login regularly like it has been changed. And I do still use the same password. But, it just wont log me in! I noticed that my name was being typed in right, becasue when I went to create a new account, it told me that your "my new username" is already connected to the account. And I have been typing it in right. For risk of repeating myself, I just can't log in, like I was able to on my previous name. Wanted to make that clear. So, to help me dont tell me I'm typing something in wrong, thanks.

Where do we have to exactly paste the file?
    How come it hasn't a readme?

I still have the invalid username problem and already tried Two Worlds Control Panel...

Help please!

Blog-Einträge

Default AW: Invalid user name. Your user name contains invalid characters ...

You should doble click on the reg keys and merge them to the registry... thats all.
    '54 '74 '90 '2014

Huum...i don't know if this question is gonna offend anyone, but, how do i exactly do that?

Thanks in advance!

Blog-Einträge

Default AW: Invalid user name. Your user name contains invalid characters ...

As said above!

Download the "Full Entry" file. Extract the *.zip where you like and just double click the extracted file. (with left mouse button).

You will be asked if you want to merge that registry key with your registry just klick yes and all should be fine!
    '54 '74 '90 '2014

Hey guys,
    downloaded the reg entries installed them and still got the bug? what shall i do? want to play that stupid game because i like it xD

stil got the problem need help please come on i didnt buy the game to not to be able to play it..

Same issue as the others in this thread. The registry download doesn't work. How come there hasn't been more effort to resolve this issue? I to didn't buy this game to not be able to play it. Trying to register is was bad enough, now I get this issue?

Hi folks, as I looked in that registry file my first thought was: your joking right?
    My second thought was: Hell, I have to fix it myself...... and so I did.
    Please note that i have Vista 64, and the solution for your TW will be generally the same, it can differ in little details:
    Go into regedit (windows key+r for me ) and search for the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Reality Pump\TwoWorlds
    **Note that i have the "Wow6432Node" cause of vista, you may not have this too.
    In that should be a Filesystem entry and within it names like: AppdataFolder, DataPath Version etc....
    It worked for me like this: modify the value of DATAPATH to the path of your game
    (eg. C:\Program Files\Reality Pump\Two Worlds\ , Or wherever you installed the game)
    If you see names like AppDataFolder, MyDocumentsFolder or OutputDir ->> modify there values simply to : Two Worlds
    Worked for me just fine BOTH for TW and TW2 , no crashes, invalids or serial bull.

Cheers and hf

Two Worlds Moderator

It's enough to install the game with administrator's rights to have registry show proper values from the get-go. For some odd reason Win7 users often forget to run stuff that doesn't automatically show up with UAC warning in an elevated fashion.
    That worked the same way for me for TW1 and TW2 as well. Key here is running all installers elevated AFAIK.
    This signature has been stacked 50 times(and now it can't be upgraded in any other way!).

please heeeeeelp meee
    Contains invalid characters ?}}++++++