Thread: How to use more than 3 spells ???

Default How to use more than 3 spells ???

Hi !

I am using a melee/mage hybrid and i just got too many spells on my hands that i wanna use.

Like healing, and regeneration, lightning shield spell (forgot the name) BUT i also go push-wave that i wanna use as well as summon soul defender...

PLEASe help me!! HOw do i have access to more than only 3 measly spells at a time,,

LOL, i KNOW that i must be missing something,,

Thank you very much

Default Re: How to use more than 3 spells ???

I thought you drag them to your amulet. then drag them to the hotbar slots. then remove them from the amulet and put new ones in the amulet then you then drag those other hotbar slots. On and on you go until your done.

the only problem with this is that only 3 spells can make use of the booster cards which would be the three spells in your amulet but others on hotbar should still work
    Minecraft Schematics: www.mcschematics.com
    A community of Minecraft gamers, now with over 74,000+ members and thousands of schematics to import into your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian View Post
    Hi !

I am using a melee/mage hybrid and i just got too many spells on my hands that i wanna use.

Like healing, and regeneration, lightning shield spell (forgot the name) BUT i also go push-wave that i wanna use as well as summon soul defender...

PLEASe help me!! HOw do i have access to more than only 3 measly spells at a time,,

LOL, i KNOW that i must be missing something,,

Thank you very much

If you are using the 360 you can have up to 8, just select a different one on each dpad spot...
    You know what really grinds my gears? No one's come up with a new priest and a rabbi joke in like 30 years. Ok, ok, uh, a priest and a rabbi go into..the supermarket. And the preist says, let's buy a ham. And the rabbi says, "Nope. Can't eat it. Not allowed. It's forbidden."

3 spells is it. Due to the novel way the devs designed the magic system, that's all you get. Oh..you could also hit 'c', change the magic card to another, drag it to the spot on the bar the previous spell was at, and then click 'c' again to close the window. Fun.

on xbox360 you can use 8 spells at once on the quick circle and as i said only 3 spells you can buff and stack.

Masterposter

Default AW: Re: How to use more than 3 spells ???

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamania View Post
    3 spells is it. Due to the novel way the devs designed the magic system, that's all you get. Oh..you could also hit 'c', change the magic card to another, drag it to the spot on the bar the previous spell was at, and then click 'c' again to close the window. Fun.
    On PC, you can stuff all your custom hotkey bars full of spells, and have three more on the dynamic bar
    Megatron - Proving that guns DO kill people since 1984

Default Re: AW: Re: How to use more than 3 spells ???

Quote Originally Posted by Thaliur View Post
    On PC, you can stuff all your custom hotkey bars full of spells, and have three more on the dynamic bar
    Thanks for acknowledging what can actually be done with the system. Its only a shame when people cant find the real information and end up getting misinformed.

I have my F9 hotbar filled with spells, though I rarely use that hotbar anymore, Ive found it easier for me to specialize in one or two spells or actions instead of trying to use all spells available to me.
    A community of Minecraft gamers, now with over 74,000+ members and thousands of schematics to import into your game.

Default Re: AW: Re: How to use more than 3 spells ???

Quote Originally Posted by Thaliur View Post
    (Using the PC version)

SORRY, i know that im being stupid right now, but i dont really get it. I tried to press ''m'' key for the spells screen

Than i pulled spells from the list on the left all the way down to the ''hotbar'' at the buttom of the screen.

My f7 hotbar was already filled,
    so i pressed f8, and tried to pull spells into that empty ones from the spells list,,

But it just didnt work....

LOL, i swear by god that its the first time EVER in game that i had trouble putting/using spells,,,

A little more explanation would be very helpful

thanks,, and sorry again for the bother,,,

((DUDE,, what kind of ''spell system is that!!?? Ahh,, freaking developers.. ))

Pull them into the amulet first then to the F8 hotbar.

Also note you cant put anything on the F7 hotbar, its generated by the game only, but F8-F10 are yours to do with what you like.

Also note that if you have a vendor window open, then you can't drag them to the hotbar either i believe, it has to just be your inventory/magic window that is open.

Please help!
    It won't work!!

I got F8 hotbar on.

1 out of every 50 tries when i try to drop something to the hotbar, it just drops to the ground instead!! ?? (and yeah, that is F8)

No matter how precise i try to be, the items just refuse to sit in their slots, INSTEAD they drop to the ground and i have to close the screen and pick em up again.....

Funny, I have been playing two worlds(360) for 20 hours and now I just realised that you can map more then 3 spells. They really should have mention that in the manual, among many other things. Thank for the info.

Ok, let us say that im on f7 right now. i put 3 spells on the amulet and no problemo.

Than i press f8. Put 3 more spells on the amulet. And THAN i can drag em to the hotbar, phewww finally!!

BUT when i SWITCH BACK to f7 again, to use my initial spells (on f7), they have become,,,, UNUSEABLE..?? (is that even a word,,? eheh)

So, now i got spells booked on f7 and f8,, yepp, but i can only make use of f8 spells, as it seems the ones at f7 had gone inactive..... (since by using the amulet, i put other spells on f8)

So i am back to square one...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit:
    Allright, if i skip f7 altogether, and concentrate on f8 and f9, i can put spells in amulet for each one of them, and switch between F7 and F8 at will to use the different spells assigned to the hotbar.

But there are 2 more hassles, i guess,;

1-Switching between F7 and F8 in the heat of combat can be a real bother, (>EVEN IF i put more commonly used spells in the first bar)

2-What about the boosters ?? Now only spells on one slot can use em ??
    ^^
    Hmph!! Every time i swith between F7 and F8 hotslots, the boosters disappear...

Any workarounds for this `? anyone `?
    Last edited by Krelian; 17.09.2007 at 23:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Masterposter

Default AW: Re: How to use more than 3 spells ???

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian View Post
    Please help!
    It won't work!!

I got F8 hotbar on.

1 out of every 50 tries when i try to drop something to the hotbar, it just drops to the ground instead!! ?? (and yeah, that is F8)

No matter how precise i try to be, the items just refuse to sit in their slots, INSTEAD they drop to the ground and i have to close the screen and pick em up again.....
    I haven't actually tried it yet, but if you point to a spell and press a number button, it should get assigned.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
    Funny, I have been playing two worlds(360) for 20 hours and now I just realised that you can map more then 3 spells. They really should have mention that in the manual, among many other things. Thank for the info.
    It's not in the manual because it was added way after release, with patch 1.5
    Megatron - Proving that guns DO kill people since 1984

In the heat of battle, simply press your I key to bring up your inventory. This pauses the singleplayer game. Then press F8, 9 or 10 and then press space bar again to close inventory window.

I do this constantly for those stupid one of a kind health potions that I don't want filling up every dang space in my hotbar just for one health potion, and this allows me to pause the action, drink those one of a kind health potions, then get back into the battle with no adverse effects.

I'd really love to be able to assign a hotkey like the number 1 key that will use all regular health potions that I have available, and when those run dry, it will use my home brewed health potions (the ones that do *nothing* but add to my health) in the order of lowest value to highest value. Then I'd not have to either waste space on the hotbars putting one of a kind health potions there, or have to pause the game to drink one or a couple of them.