Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List First Person RPG's Here

Default List First Person RPG's Here

Lets start a thread about First Person perspective RPG's.

If the game is first person but aspects of it are 3rd person please specify that too. Keep in mind though that I only want first person games in this thread, that is first person for walking running, explorering etc. If the game is a RPG with a 3rd person view do not list it here, there are already tons of those out there. If the game Can be played in Both 1st and 3rd person modes you can list those here. If they have MODS that make them work in 1st person list those here but please state (1st person with Mod). Lastly, no on-line only games. Games listed here must have a single player campaign.

As long as it's RPG its good, you can list games like Deus Ex 1 and 2, they don't have to be fantasy/medieval type games.

These are the ones I know of to start:

Morrowind
    Oblivion
    Gothic 3
    Stalker 1 and 2
    Deus Ex 1 and 2
    Two Worlds ( 3rd person combat)
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Please Add to this list

Default AW: List First Person RPG's Here

System Shock 2

But not for the weak!

Blog-Einträge

I played gothic 3 in 3rd person mode...

Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines (very cool RPG)

Default Re: List First Person RPG's Here

Hey I was gonna add those two and another I found to the main list but there is no way to Edit my post?

Blog-Einträge

Afaik you can only edit your post over a decent time.

Ahh I see.. in that case, the 1st Person RPG I wanna add to the list is:

Neuro Hunter (2005)

Here's a little from the company:
    All major corporations companies have secrets they would rather were kept hidden. Johnston Biotek Inc. is no exception, but not all companies secrets are as dark and destructive as this one. When the situation threatens to get out of hand, the management hires a man they call Hunter to restore order. However, sometimes things have to get a lot worse before they get better. Hunter will soon discover that no pay cheque would be worth the dangers he will face after accepting this job

Neuro Hunter combines the best of Deus Ex, McGyver and System Shock

A cyberpunk RPG is something very special. The role playing game comprises a versatile story which does not get boring in the course of the game. This story consists of 36 main and 6 side quests, making for a playtime of about 50 hours. Another special feature of the game is the possibility to construct new objects from collected items as well as cyberbattles in the matrix - a kind of "game in the game".

MacGyver® is known to combine small everyday objects into new fantastic items to get out of dangerous situations. The player of Neuro Hunter has the same ability. Choose from the countless items you can find in the Neuro Hunter world and combine them to new weapons or items which help you to survive.

The game was marketed as a mix between Deus Ex, System Shock and Gothic series of video games.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always love when I discover new games I have never heard of. Now the hard part.. finding this game. - Ahh found it. Amazon.com UK 4 bucks New $1.47 Used (U.S Dollars ) LOL - Cheap! I Think I'll buy it.

The Kingsfield series.

There were 3 games released in the US but from what i have read it was a longer running series in Japan.

For example the first game released here was Kingsfield but,if i remember correctly,it was actually the third or fourth game from the series.

Since you included a third person game(Two Worlds)i'll also add the 2 Summoner games.

Would you include the Thief games under the RPG label?

Actually I consider Two Worlds more of a Hybrid than a true third person game. The only thing I do in Two Worlds that's third person is fight. All the rest of the time your in first person. So I added it. If it had no first person mode at all it would have left it off of the list. I will however check out the Summoner games as well as the Kingsfield series.

Thief. Hmm good question. Typically it's a 'sneaker' yet it does have RPG elements in it, So yes, the Thief games make the list. I loved all 3 and am anxiously awaiting the upcoming Thief 4 and Deus Ex 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Actually I consider Two Worlds more of a Hybrid than a true third person game. The only thing I do in Two Worlds that's third person is fight. All the rest of the time your in first person. So I added it. If it had no first person mode at all it would have left it off of the list.

Add Gothic 1 and 2 as well then , it had first person view when not fighting and if you enabled a console command it allowed you to fight in first-person as well.

Weird.

I just came across this article on Kingsfield IV while checking out a site.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-forgo...s-150217.phtml

There is some gameplay footage in the article also.Just a note though,the areas shown in the footage look like they've already been cleared out of enemies.So you can't go by it as to how much action is in the game.

Add:

Boiling Point: Road to Hell
    And
    White Gold: War in Paradise

Edit: (merged posts)

Hey Google must think this thread is in popular demand. If you search First Person RPG this thread is on the first page!! :-)

I guess that just shows there is enough interest in First Person RPG's out there that more companies should make them!

Hint ZuxxeZ and Games Devs Hint! - If you make it, they will come.
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 14.10.2009 at 09:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

- Arx Fatalis
    - Ultima underworld 1 & 2

Adding GTA (Grand Theft Auto) San Andreas and GTA 4 to the list.

First person possible with Mods. Works well especially for GTA 4. You don't hear these games spoken of as being Role Playing Games but they really are. Heck even you 3rd person RPG fans should give these games a try. I didn't like the idea of these games until I started playing them and adding mods to them ( there's tons of mods for both games)

These are not hate games but you can shoot your favorite minority and have a blast doing it :-)

Two Worlds Moderator

Beitrag Re: List First Person RPG's Here

^I'm not personally offended by what you wrote but I know some people would be, anyway my response below is for discussion purposes. :-P

It's not just a hate game... it's violent, sexist, drug glorifying and an all around promotion of ignorance.

I'm not for asepticism but there is a difference between maturity and blatant vulgarity in both of its definitions.

You and I may very well know that a video game is a video game but how about younger teens being negatively influenced...? Have a look at this link and a poll that was taken based roughly on the age of the GTA players in the forum - the average gta age

On topic - I have played the GTA games in the past and yes they have many RPG elements coming to think of it.

I well understand and to some extent agree with your viewpoint. Yes, you and I. understand it's only a game and it's made to be fun for people old enough to play it and act responsibly. The problem is not the game. The game has a ESRB maturity rating of 17+ and parents are supposed to know what their kids play and not let them play these games if they are underage, Thus young teens should not be influenced by it. If so, blame the parents not the game.

It's just like Playboy magazine - What 14 or 15 year old boy don't try to sneak a peek at his Daddy's magazine - and they are always made for 18 and over.

Like I said in my above post, I didn't like the idea of these games myself and it's for those very reasons. When I'm playing the games I think " there is way too much cursing in these games or I cant believe he said that! or man there's a lot of drugs in this game." That's why it took me years to get around to trying one.

But as a responsible adult, these games are fun, fun, fun.

Remember Kids reading this: If you're underage and any game in this list is made for someone older Do Not Play it. And Parents, be aware of what your kids are playing!

BTW, I'm an old fart, I'm 41. I remember when they used to say Wolfenstein 3D and Doom back in the early 90's were really bad and would cause violence.. not to mention Postal. Today we laugh of these games. I really believe it is a small number of unstable children who are adversely affected by these games and most normal kids don't emulate them any more than they would something on TV or the Movies.
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 04.11.2009 at 18:16.

Yesterday I finished Deus Ex for the first time

Frage AW: List First Person RPG's Here

but aren't the parents responsible for the kids for getting affected or being unstable ?

Two Worlds Moderator

Yes and poor parenting is a different subject I don't wish to speak about... it would just be annoying if I did that. :-|

I don't really support drug use, prostitution, firearm violence, theft, racism, etc. because I have lived through such things.

Blog-Einträge

Default Re: AW: List First Person RPG's Here

Quote Originally Posted by Amphi View Post
    but aren't the parents responsible for the kids for getting affected or being unstable ?
    The phrase "jointly and separately liable" comes to mind.

It means that yes, the parents DO have a responsibility for safeguarding the mental, emotion, and social development of their children. However, that responsibility does NOT remove accountability from those that teach hate, violence, and ignorance in the name of entertainment.

In the words of Monty Python:

It's a fair cop... but society is to blame
    Right! Then we'll arrest them instead.

Great First person RPG's for Xbox and Xbox 360 that are set in the old times:

Arx Fatalis.Xbox
    Theif 3.Xbox
    Dark Messiah.Xbox 360

Arx Fatalis has more than 80 hours of gameplay and you can roam freely in a huge underground world and do what you want. You have to eat food to survive and you may have to cook some foods! And you can even mine and fish and with the fish you catch you can cook!(Something games years later are doing, so Arx was ahead of its time)

Theif 3. In this game(Which Assassin's creed seemed to copy) you roam a huge city, and can do what you want. You can kill innocents, steal and sell for your own profit or just get on with the story. Some have called this game one of the most scarrist games ever.

Dark Messiah. In this game there are few RPG elements*. You chose one of the four character classes then when you kill enemies you gain a new level. There are 15 levels max. This is not a free roaming game(Although the levels are huge and you can progress through them in any way you want), instead it is an action RPG. However the classes means you character can only use certain things.Example: As an warrior you cant use bows or magic. Also you can't upgrade skills, as you gain a level you gain a new skill, and your also likely to switch to the newest armor you have as an warrior and there are only three armors in the game for a warrior! And two for the other classes, however your character may be different from another via a weapon choice since weapons found later in the game have different bonuses.

* The PC version has no character classes meaning that you can be a wizard with armor or a warrior with wizard robes, you also have skill points.

Mount and Blade.

New User

Hellgate: London
    Fallout 3
    Borderlands

Blog-Einträge

Yeah HGL:L is a good example for 3rd person and 1st person RPG. Besides it's in redevelopment and will be released this year in US/EU again as far as I understood the Hanbit news. They finally got the distribution rights for US and EU...

Fallout 3 I would call a mix between first person shooter and RPG (Stats and quests) and for Borderlands goes the same...

But all in all you're right.

Hellgate London was a huge paper tiger.

Wizardry 8.
    Eternal Ring (Not very good I heard)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast