Just pre ordered Inquisitor..
    http://games.cinemax.cz/inquisitor
    Jet
    Edit:
    Din's Curse.
    Just pre ordered Inquisitor..
    http://games.cinemax.cz/inquisitor
    Jet
    Last edited by Jetcutter; 29.06.2010 at 03:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Re: List First Person RPG's Here

Most favorite RPG and favorite overrall game: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
    PSN: kushman777

Quote Originally Posted by LukaZ View Post
    Add Gothic 1 and 2 as well then , it had first person view when not fighting and if you enabled a console command it allowed you to fight in first-person as well.
    Can you tell me more about this? I did not know you could do a first person view in Gothic 1. I have not tried it.

As for Gothic 2, i have it but also haven't tried it yet but I have seen the first person mode. What is the code to play these games in first person with first person combat?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Can you tell me more about this? I did not know you could do a first person view in Gothic 1. I have not tried it.

As for Gothic 2, i have it but also haven't tried it yet but I have seen the first person mode. What is the code to play these games in first person with first person combat?

I've only played Gothic 3 and I remember that when you pressed a certain button - it turned first person and you could fight and explore in first person. I would have thought that it would be the same for Gothic 1 and 2.

*Might and Magic Series
    Last edited by Demonic; 17.07.2010 at 15:27.

Nope, not as far as I remember only 3 had 1st person.

The very first game I played had 1st person perspective except when in battle (which was turn based on a grid system) that was a DOS based game called Betrayal at Krondor... still one of my favorites games of all time, it took me about 18 months to complete. You can now get it as freeware

http://compactiongames.about.com/od/...ondor_free.htm
    If it were to rain soup......I'd have a fork!!!!!!

Default AW: List First Person RPG's Here

TES II: Daggerfall

a really BIG Game...

Mc"Waiting forTESV"Mad
    Alle töten, soll Gott über sie richten.

Ich war Atheist, bis ich merkte, dass ich Gott bin.

It's been a while since this thread had an update. I am happy to announce another game.

Just Cause 2 now has a complete working first person mod

Here are the details: http://www.justcause2mods.com/index....rst-person-mod

Two Worlds Moderator

If only JC2 had anything to actually do in it, that mod would've been really sought-after... alas, it's a shallow, empty game with barely anything to do in it.

Sorta like MP of TW2, only without friends :P
    This signature has been stacked 50 times(and now it can't be upgraded in any other way!).

HELLION - Mystery of the Inquisition. Edit: Wait. It's cancelled. LOL.

Oblivion

guild wars can be played in first person view if you zoom all the way in.

Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution.

Blog-Einträge

Mass Effect 3
    '54 '74 '90 '2014

Two Worlds Moderator

Oh this thread's still alive?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat'
    This signature has been stacked 50 times(and now it can't be upgraded in any other way!).

Default Re: AW: List First Person RPG's Here

Quote Originally Posted by Syphedias View Post
    Mass Effect 3
    ME3 is first person?

Of course this thread is still alive. It's # 1 on google when you search the genre "First Person RPG" Yeah I dig that.

Anyway, I thought I mentioned it before but guess not.. Two great first person rpg games I got recently are:

White Gold (Xenus 2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenus_2:_White_Gold

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXy71...eature=related

Caribbean islands; islands full of secrets, mystery and the spirit of romance. These islands are both beautiful and lethally dangerous. Centuries ago the waters of this region were teeming with pirates and adventurers... and frankly, not much has changed since then.
    Many books have been written about the Caribbean basin and many films have depicted it.
    Now you have a unique chance to visit these places yourself and personally witness the everyday life of drug-dealers, bandits and the Mafioso. You'll be able to take part in various mysterious events and get involved in fights between various hostile forces, or just admire the luscious tropical environment while drinking the traditional pirate's liquor - rum. The Caribs are waiting for you!

An unique mix of RPG and an action shooter in a modern setting.
    Total freeplay: visit all the island resorts of Caribbean turned into no-one’s ground.
    Hundreds of destructible buildings and objects to blast into oblivion.
    More than 25 different military controllable vehicles, including trucks, tanks, choppers and gunboats.
    Gripping non-linear storyline.
    More than 30 types of upgradable weapons
    An original RPG system.
    Real-time weather effects, day/night and atmosphere changes.
    Interaction with hundreds of distinctive NPCs
    8 independent fractions with complex relations between each other and the main hero.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Precursors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pre...8video_game%29

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40vtz...eature=related

This game is the perfect mix of FPS,RPG and Space Sim. Precursors, predecessors, the legend of galaxy… Who are carrying the forebear’s genes among existing races, we can suppose only…
    Worlds of galaxy are everlasting, beautiful, unique and dangerous. Some of them are inhabited, some ruined and deserted, other - just a smugglers trans-shipment stations.

Some worlds are only at the beginning of evolution, other are falling into decay. Only when you’ll pass through all these worlds, sense a heat of blazing lava-seas and chilling cold of abysses, see the stark heavens, you will realize the real power of nature. Only when you’ll meet corrupt judges, mendacious politicians, unselfish protectors and cruel tyrants you’ll understand passions of society. When you’ll reach an unexplored sectors of galaxy and come across a mysterious natural phenomenon, fly through the tail of the comet or dive into the casual portal, only then you’ll perceive the infinite depth and diversity of the universe.

But this is just a prospection and nobody knows what exactly this journey will be, we can only assure you that it will be unforgettable…
    These two are simply two of the Best fps rpg games I have played in a long time.

Both made by the same Russian dev that made Boiling Point, these games are HUGE. They have English versions you can find on gamersgate website but they did a poor job of dialog translations so the gaming community made patches for improved dialog.

Get them Here:

White Gold (Xenus 2) http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-XENUS...s-2-white-gold

The Precursors http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-PREC/precursors

Get the better English translation patches here:

White Gold 2: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20244722/WGup14_exe

The Precursors: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20244713/TPup14_exe

Not as polished as say Oblivion or Fallout New Vegas, still, these games pack punch in the gameplay department for good first person rpg's. They have many hours of open world gameplay to keep you entertained. You might wanna find them on sale before buying but they are worth checking out for hard core fps/rpg fans.

I packed tons of info into this post just because these are lesser known games that deserve some consideration.

Two Worlds Moderator

Xenus looks kinda dated, the music and sound are simply atrocious. It's also kinda primitve in terms of gameplay; a non-RPG - Just Cause 2 - did it in a better way, while the "original" tropical FPS (Crysis, Far Cry) did a better job of presenting the environment. I'd love to see some videos of actual RPG elements for Nexus - character development, dialogues, quests and such.

Precursors looks more like an RPG, but from that brief video I only thought it was:
    -a poor man's Half Life 2 (and Half Life 1) considering enemies, settings, transport and even weapons (I found it especially odd to see a dune buggy running over some monsters driving through a beach/sandy landscape, which is 100% Half Life 2).
    -another Mech Warrior lookalike at one point.
    And of course graphics are very dated, driving sections are very shoddy and so on. Would be curious to see more RPG elements as well. I assume that if an RPG wants to be in the shooter territory it simply has to have gorgeous graphics these days, as STALKER and ME franchises show.

NWN can actually be played in first person if you use this modification:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=1358

Here's a new one:

Dead Island made by Techland.

You fight zombies on an island but it's not your usual hoards of zombies attacking you dull kinda game. There is good story driven gameplay with lots of RPG elements in an open world. Go any whare, do any mission, work on your character development enjoy the story all while killing pesky brain eating zombies. You can play as a white guy, black guy and a choice of two women, all with different starting special skills.

I'll be getting this later today.. looks really good for a zombie game which I usually stay away from. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xFF...eature=related

Also made by Techand are Chrome (2003) and Chrome Specforce (2005) with some fps rpg elements.

Just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution and it was very good.

Two Worlds Moderator

Don't get your hopes up. Dead Island is pretty bug-ridden at this point, I'm playing it and it has a pretty atrocious lag, there's a lot of low quality textures around, and the game just seems a bit rough around the edges overall. The RPG elements are there, but it's a zombie apokalypse survival horror, not something really new or really akin to, say, KOTOR or Witcher.

propheet I agree DI is a little rough around the edges. There is a steam forum that has a lot for tweaks for the game. I had to use it to turn off blur with this Chrome 5 engine. But it runs good on my laptop so that's a plus for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another one that I am getting to Love.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy (available I think only through Steam)

This game is like a cross between Deus Ex and Borderlands and Blade Runner. It has a huge open world and large missions and more RPG elements than you can shake a stick at. This game is Tough by design even on the easy levels. It takes place in a dark cyberpunk world has a deep story line and is very immersive.

Made with the Source engine so look for Mods for this soon. When you get this game be sure to update it with the newly released "Update 1" is a must have or the game can break.

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/ - Video's on the site, and another good video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJCGM...eature=related

" After an unending war with the metastreumonic Force, the powerful organization Secreta Secretorum you belong to is finally ready to undermine the head-strong federation, despite an intense struggle for power."

On the background page there is a deep story summery that contains info on The Past, Present (Now), Cyber, Corpos, Weapons all as part of the back story. That should tell you how deeply involved this game gets.

Borderlands was child's play compared to this. One of the best futuristic cyberpunk games I have played in a Long time. It's actually based off of a real RPG table top game.

It does not have English voice acting but uses subtitles. There is a steam project on the steam forums to correct any mistakes in the dialog translation.

Many Fans rate it higher than Deus Ex Human Revolution. In my opinion, this game is a Must Play.
    Last edited by ThePhoenix; 15.09.2011 at 23:19.

Two Worlds Moderator

Watched the gameplay vid, but then realized... it's an RPG made on Source engine. And that particular niche for me has already been filled with an absolutely unsurpassable game - Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Who cares about E.Y.E. when there's VtM:B :P

BTW, when I said NWN is first person if you use that mod...well it is...just don't use that mod because it REALLY DOES suck.

Well quite similar to using the first person view in Earth 2160...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12