31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 77.42%
  • No

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TES V: Skyrim Vs Two worlds 2

Default TES V: Skyrim Vs Two worlds 2

TES V is gonna be the daddy of all RPGs!!!!
    gamer tag = the cool 171

Default Re: TES V: Skyrim Vs Two worlds 2

i wont vote for it right away because it seems to early to choose.

i think the new elderscrolls will be awesome like all of them are, but i think it depends on what they do this time around, as in what will be different, the fighting system is ok a few tweaks wouldnt be bad somethin to liven it up maybe. the magic system isnt bad but needs more spice to it, i changed it up myself and made a regular area of affect ice spell into a fog of death.

graphics were ok for oblvion but felt bland after awhile only a few things ever kept me in amazment for a short time. i think skyrim will definatly beat TW2 in open world though and less restrictive probably.

Personally i do hope Skyrim is better then TW2 so that way i can keep playin TW2 till it comes out and be slapped in the face by another awesome game

TES V all the way ofc... But TW2 is still a very good game!

Yep TES V will easily be the Winner.
    11-11-11

2W2 has a lot of features as well various details which a lot of games miss, TES games are among them. World in 2W2 feel like a living one with a real environment, with birds on the that fly around when you approach them, fishes in the water (and a very well made water).
    BTW, Beth will reach, if they keep promise about release date, 5 years of development, so they may possibly have all cards in game to make TES V the king of rpg's.
    I won't vote right now. I'm just playing 2W2 and i know nothing but the name of next TES.

2W2 has a lot of good gameplay features and graphics are nice .though to me it felt like story/quests and a lot of the content was blander.or say basic, or more cut and paste like the dungeons.the engine is great .i think with many of the bigger rpg's especially a lot of later one's it seems like a team is putting a ton of work into new engine and graphics;perhaps because of time and money constraints it's hard to get all the depth and length into it also.in 2W2 chapter 1 and 2 are quite populated but when you get to 3 it shrinks pretty quick.

I've gone from loving tw2 to really hating it now.
    The more I played I just noticed that it simply was BORING. Yes, boring.
    No real exploration - no wish even to do it: "Oh look, some mountains, canyons - there must be some cool stuff there. BEEEP! Nope, just some random dungeon with a few dumb monsters and a lockpick as a reward."
    No, thank you.

With Oblivion it was the other way around: I started the game and hated it.
    I then started it again a year later and LOVED IT. And I still do.

I am hoping TESV will be good and wont fall for this stupid scheme of linearity like tw2 did.

Oh, and in the meantime I hope to hear from Risen 2.

Too bad actually, when TW2 was released I had already planned to buy EVERYTHING that would be released later (DLC, addon, whatever).

But not anymore. I regret buying my royal edition, and not because of money, but simply because I feel let down.
    Two Worlds 2 is ****ing boring.

A bit early for this type of poll. No info has been released about Syrim. But of what GI thinks of the game, Two Worlds 2 won't win, great game, oh yeah you just lost the game.

you suck melook you made me lose -_-,,!,,

the game never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by solomoncro View Post
    you suck melook you made me lose -_-,,!,,

the game never gets old

I know right when ever you lost the game happens you lost the game.

...aw, c'mon community! Are we, collectively, really going to allow the oppurtunity to make this discussion as childish and myopic as that concerning TW2 and Oblivion slip by without even trying? Shame!

As an effort to contribute to this thread I would like to make this offering:

Skyrim wil esily blow TW2 away is obvius only RP fan-boi think difrent. TW2 iznt reel RPG like Beth games and Arx Fartsallthetimelots is bester than evry game besides anything Beth does, an I aint no fan-boi berthed, jus speechin the truth.

Here's hoping we can finally move this discussion forward.

Iullus Cornelius Smegmus Magnus Pantocrator

The Last Guardian or Dragon Age 2 will walk away with this. This isn't even going to be close. Wishful thinking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegmus View Post
    ...aw, c'mon community! Are we, collectively, really going to allow the oppurtunity to make this discussion as childish and myopic as that concerning TW2 and Oblivion slip by without even trying? Shame!

As an effort to contribute to this thread I would like to make this offering:

Skyrim wil esily blow TW2 away is obvius only RP fan-boi think difrent. TW2 iznt reel RPG like Beth games and Arx Fartsallthetimelots is bester than evry game besides anything Beth does, an I aint no fan-boi berthed, jus speechin the truth.

Here's hoping we can finally move this discussion forward.

Iullus Cornelius Smegmus Magnus Pantocrator
    No offence, but I had a hard time reading that post. But you are right, TW2 stands no chance against Skyrim.

Blog-Einträge

Default AW: TES V: Skyrim Vs Two worlds 2

Lool barely info yet of Skyrim but it will rock...suuuuure... hope your hopes in that game won't get crushed.
    '54 '74 '90 '2014

Default Re: AW: TES V: Skyrim Vs Two worlds 2

Quote Originally Posted by Syphedias View Post
    Lool barely info yet of Skyrim but it will rock...suuuuure... hope your hopes in that game won't get crushed.
    I am not sure about any one else, but I know enough to tell that the game will rock. It's Bethesda, they hardly ever fail to please.

TW2 is a great game, but I don't think it is as good as Skyrim will be.

As I said in the other threads, I really hate the Elder Scrolls games. I've played them all, and they have a lot of good features that I really like, which is why they annoy me so much. They are SO close to RPG heaven but they always let me down in various important ways. I hate their skills system where you use things and they get better. It promotes spamming and it's just a dumb game mechanic. I also really hate the combat in the game. The melee combat is little more than spamming your left mouse to swing your sword, and now thanks to Oblivion, you can right click to block. But there is not much else to it, and it makes it play like a mindless hack 'n slash game which I really hate. Not only that, but the spell combat is equally basic and bone headed.

It's those two things that I hate the most, and they are so important that it outweighs all the good things, to me. Besides that, there are also some other smaller things that I dislike too. I dislike how in Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV they have started making the main quest incredibly short, and then filling the world with boring, inane, side quests like an MMORPG. I dislike that there is no variety in the world, it's all either brown (Morrowind) or green (Oblivion), or grey-brown (Fallout). From a fantasy RPG, I want forests, deserts, snow capped mountains, etc.. Lastly, I dislike how simple and easy it is to play. I dislike how 99% of the 'battles' (if you can even call them that) are one on one. I want to come across an enemy encampment and I want to have to split the enemies or "pull" them carefully, and if it goes wrong, I want to have to use mind control / crowd control on the extra enemies to save myself. When it's all 1v1, it just feels like a glorified shooting gallery.

So to me, whether it will be better than Two Worlds/2, it all depends on whether they FINALLY see the light, and update all these lame old mechanics. They have been resting on their laurels for far too long. If it's just Oblivion 2, then I will no doubt prefer Two Worlds 2. If they improve most (or all) of these things though, it would be my favourite RPG.

Blog-Einträge

Default AW: Re: AW: TES V: Skyrim Vs Two worlds 2

Quote Originally Posted by Melook View Post
    I am not sure about any one else, but I know enough to tell that the game will rock. It's Bethesda, they hardly ever fail to please.

TW2 is a great game, but I don't think it is as good as Skyrim will be.
    I would be careful, a company's name is not a guarantee that the game will rock. Star Trek Legacy was a failure... and it was also Bethesda. Oblivion was a great game, but also devided the fans into two sides.

Skyrim may rock, it's too early imho... but don't whine if your expectations are crushed...
    '54 '74 '90 '2014

How could you possibly ask for a vote on a game that has not even had a demo out?

Skyrim won't be out for a year and you have not even the slightest idea what the gameplay or the engine is like......

Lol don't do that............. it is like the previous vote where so many people expresses their opinion on Two Worlds 2 versus Oblivion, yet those people had not even bought Two Worlds 2.... that is stupid.....

Skyrim has been announced to be a sequel to the Oblivion worlds and setting as far as I have read.....

Let's reserve our judgment for next year...... Let's worry about the current state of games being releases and their bugs or omissions at launch rather than a game that is still a year ahead ....
    Edit:
    dislike how in Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV they have started making the main quest incredibly short, and then filling the world with boring, inane, side quests like an MMORPG.

NAME ONE RPG that has a main quest that can last more than 15 hours.................. (divinity does last long enough actually).... and Sacred 2 as a game...... not an rpg though

I dislike that there is no variety in the world, it's all either brown (Morrowind) or green (Oblivion), or grey-brown (Fallout).

Are you comparing an OLD game with an ANCIENT game engine to Two Worlds 2? Fallout, though newer than the rest was not using any breaking game engine on ts own... and the world it was in, pos-apocalypotic had to be that way......... the colours they grey tones and everything....

From a fantasy RPG, I want forests, deserts, snow capped mountains, etc.. Lastly, I dislike how simple and easy it is to play. I dislike how 99% of the 'battles' (if you can even call them that) are one on one. I want to come across an enemy encampment and I want to have to split the enemies or "pull" them carefully, and if it goes wrong, I want to have to use mind control / crowd control on the extra enemies to save myself. When it's all 1v1, it just feels like a glorified shooting gallery.

UNFORTUNATELY i was expecting this of TWO WORLDS 2 and it failed me miserably..... the AI was ..... non existent... I still had some of this fun on New Vegas though..... i am really deep in the game and i must say that this is quite entertaining.....

I do not think i will play Two Worlds 2 for a third time to see if they have improved the AI as stated in the patch...
    Last edited by kathiki; 26.12.2010 at 14:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I voted no, going by my experiences of Bethesda games Skyrim will only be worth playing once the modding community has had the chance to put all the finishing touches to it....a job that should have been done by Beth. 95% of the upgrades for both Morrowind and oblivion were community made, so whilst the potential for being the "greatest RPG ever" might be there, I seriously doubt that it will be Bethesda that deliver it.
    If it were to rain soup......I'd have a fork!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skajkingdom View Post
    I've gone from loving tw2 to really hating it now.
    The more I played I just noticed that it simply was BORING. Yes, boring.
    No real exploration - no wish even to do it: "Oh look, some mountains, canyons - there must be some cool stuff there. BEEEP! Nope, just some random dungeon with a few dumb monsters and a lockpick as a reward."
    No, thank you.
    Yep. In it`s present state, it`s boring after a short while.
    Nevermind Skyrim might crush people`s expectations, more like Two Worlds 2 did it, and I didn`t have great expectations about it either.
    Actually, even with the critiscism against Bethesda`s RPG`s, whether it was bugs or whatever else, they were all still exciting for a hell of a lot longer than TW2, in my own opinion.
    They might have had their flaws but the world was finished for release.
    Last edited by Khan; 26.12.2010 at 17:27. Reason: automerged doublepost
    11-11-11

Elder scrolls 5 has an RPG background that is very difficult to forget and spoil no matter what.....

if they get past the new miserable 25 hours of gameplay that most new developers offer cause they run out of funds and time it will be worth the effort..... unless of course they want to see these efforts going down the drain and have another torrented game......

Definately, I still don't believe Two Worlds 2 has even beaten Oblivion.
    PSN: kushman777

I would be careful, a company's name is not a guarantee that the game will rock.
    It happens rarely, but I have to agree with Syphedias. /opinion Bethesda failed with Oblivion, Morrowind was awesome, even before the mods. Obsidian failed with NWN2, while e.g. KotoR2 was great. PB did well except Gothic3 (I installed it on my comp a year ago and I can't force myself to finish it - yes I have the community patch). There is no guarantee.

It's those two things that I hate the most, and they are so important that it outweighs all the good things, to me. Besides that, there are also some other smaller things that I dislike too. I dislike how in Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV they have started making the main quest incredibly short, and then filling the world with boring, inane, side quests like an MMORPG.
    You spoke from my heart, brother. But I think, there should be such games too, some people want to live their lives in a game, doing meaningless things for 100's of hours. At least they don't meet idiots like in an MMO"RPG" ( most of them are not RPG's anymore just MMOGames) but can do their thing undisturbed.

How could you possibly ask for a vote on a game that has not even had a demo out?
    Yup, I cannot vote. Skyrim may win if it's closer to Morrowind than to Oblivion. I loved Morrowind altough I didn't finish the expansion, it was too long for me and my char couldn't develop any further. I was waiting for the next TES game, but Oblivion was a huge disappointment, it is still.

If it's closer to Oblivion, TW2 will win. Reading some thoughts of yours in these forums I tried to play Oblivion again in the last few days with some mods, but boredom nearly killed me, so I uninstalled again. And those characters!!! Ugliest ever- pathetic. And so funny how americans imagine a medieval world. same was in Baldur's Gate, those houses!!! Larian Studios and Piranha Bytes or Reality Pump does much better work, they can create the right design/atmosphere. Characters look very good in TW2.

And TW2 will evolve (hopefully) until Skyrim comes out, state this question again a bit later.
    Main Island is NOT for Multiplayer but for future DLC's

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=36044&page=6

Maybe they should have stuck to calling it 'The Temptation'. As the main part of the map is there only to tempt you into thinking that you have this massive world to explore.

TES V all the way will have much much more content will not feel repetitive at any time.

Two Worlds 2 is still good tho just collecting dust atm awaits patch
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKushmanX View Post
    Definately, I still don't believe Two Worlds 2 has even beaten Oblivion.
    agreed
    Last edited by Septim; 26.12.2010 at 19:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I love TW2 and am will be playing TW2 for quite some time. However Skyrim ( if it is anything like Oblivion or Morrowind) will blow TW2 away. Dragon age 2 may blow it away( that remains to be seen in March). TW2 is an awesome game and scratches that nagging rpg itch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast