Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Console Codes/Removing Blur on Xbox/PS3

Two Worlds Moderator

Ausrufezeichen Console Codes/Removing Blur on Xbox/PS3

You can turn off blur for PS3 or Xbox360, in fact most commands will work.

• To open console on PS3 do the following:
      Hold down L1 + R1 then while holding it down press sequentially: SELECT then DPAD LEFT then SELECT then DPAD RIGHT. An input box+on-screen keyboard should appear.
      After entering your desired command (each should be entered one at a time!!!) accept it with START button.
    • I, uhm, discovered (hehe) the Xbox360 console-opening combination (find it and most of the commands here):
      Hold down LB + RB, then while still holding it press and release buttons in the following order: START -> DPAD UP -> START -> DPAD DOWN.
      After entering your desired command (each should be entered one at a time!!!) accept it with A button.

===ATTENTION: The commands that start with cam., engine., graph., interface. will NOT disable any achievements or trophies. Commands like god, immortal, create codes, or anything that starts with "ec." WILL disable achievements.===

Of most use to Xbox and PS3 players right now are the following commands (input via dashboard/OSK, SELECT or START to confirm the command):

To remove PARTIAL BLUR in the distance
    Code:
    engine.usedof 1
    (unfortunately, due to latest infos on PS3's regular "blur" in the distance is actually a feature. Try out the code above though, perhaps it'll help you.)

Zoom (replace # with number of your choice, it will set the distance from hero that can be set for maximum zoom-out/zoom-in):

Gravity (doesn't require cheatcodes, so you can at least get out of spots not using your brain/imagination that usually is required; replace # with number, 10 is low jump, 100 is super-high jump, you will get hurt unless you have a falling damage reduction buff):
    Code:
    ms.grav -#
    Show current FPS counter:
    Code:
    display.debugfps 1
    (the FPS counter is the first number, the one with "F")

Remove blurriness while running fast:
    Code:
    graph.setfastrunspecialefx 0 0 0.0
    engine.mblurintensity 0
    engine.mblurscale 0
    (try any combination of the above; for PS3, supposedly the last two work best -- Thanks Astronautbread!)
    Removing HUD, GUI and hero from screen:
    Code:
    graph.drawhero 0
    showinterface 0
    (change to 1 to show them back)

Making camera less wobbly while running (prevents vomiting ):
    Code:
    cam.bank.move 0
    Forcing edges of objects to be sharp and crisp, improves performance:
    Code:
    engine.edgeaablend 0
    (to turn it back on, use 0.75 value)

Maximum FPS boosting command, forces game to not draw anything farther from the hero - useful for cities:
    Code:
    engine.dstfarplane 0
    Make savannah less shiny in the mornings:
    Code:
    Engine.BloomMultiplier 0
    Engine.BloomAdderA 0
    Engine.BloomAdderB 0
    (to bring back on, use 0.5/1/1 values respectively).

Disabling Grass:
    Code:
    engine.grassuserdistance 0
    (disables grass, slight artifacts may be left)

Disabling Shadows:
    Code:
    engine.stencilshadows 0
    (thx Stratzilla)

PS3 console-opening code courtesy of JSikora from Reality Pump.
    Last edited by propheet; 02.02.2011 at 22:08. Reason: streamlined post.
    This signature has been stacked 50 times(and now it can't be upgraded in any other way!).

Default Re: Removing Blurry Background in PS3.

Does this also work on the Xbox360? and if so does it disable achievements like a cheat?

Achievements are disabled by TwoWorldsCheats command which is required to activate other gameplay (god, leveling up etc.) related cheats. It disables achivements only in currently playing game, if you then load previous save (created without TwoWorldsCheats), you can gain achivements again.
    Non-gameplay related commands like engine.* graphics.* can be entered without it.

Ok soo as long as I do not enter a cheat code I'm OK. removing the blur for instance is not considered a cheat code and will not disable achievements. I hope I'm understanding you correctly. also back to my previous question, Does this also work on the Xbox360? if so what are the command codes? Thank you!
    Edit:
    So just tried it on the 360 and it does not work, any idea what commands I need to enter to open the console on my Xbox? I would love to get rid of the blur as well.
    Last edited by Legacy; 27.01.2011 at 20:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I love you Propheet(well not in a will you marry me kind of way), Thank you sooo much! I knew I could count on you.

Default Re: Console Codes/Removing Blur on Xbox/PS3

Is it for all Ps3's including fatsos or is it just for the slim?
    One more question i highly doubt it but will it work with multi or does it shift over when you change to multi?
    Last edited by Spudnik; 27.01.2011 at 22:40.

Thanks again just loaded them up and most seem to work. didn't notice to much difference in the edges being sharpened though. oh well the rest work ok.

Well this is good news that we can do this on our own however is the patch coming up going to give us an option in the settings menu so that when we change the setting it will wave out settings? If I change this using this procedure will I need to do this everytime I start up the game? no big deal I am just wondering...thanks!

Two Worlds Moderator

yes, unless you use JTAG'ged version of X360 or JB'ed PS3 you need to input them by hand each time you start the game session (but you can switch players etc. no problem). Anyway, you can also use those for MP. You just need to input codes when you're in game but before you're logged on into the MP match (just call the console then and input the code then).
    This signature has been stacked 50 times(and now it can't be upgraded in any other way!).

New User

On my Xbox, this combination does not work! This works for this:

Pause the game (Press Left Stick) and now press and hold RB + LB and holding these two buttons you click Start-> Dpad up-> Start-> Dpad down and that's all With the console enabled, you must press X to bring the keyboard. I hope I helped someone!

Two Worlds Moderator

It's exactly what's been shown above mate... RS/LS = RB/LB for this particular combo (changed to make it clearer).
    Pause doesn't have to be turned on (I think it's enough to press and hold the other keys)

Question here...I found the text input no problems but in your directions it says press Select to accept but that's not possible because I am in the text entering box at that time and all Select does is change the letters from lower case to upper case. I also tried to enter the display.debugfps 1 but upon entering the game I saw so output for the FPS? Is their some kind on confirmation when we enter these codes correctly? Thanks

New User

From what I remember it without pausing the game when you press the Start button turns on the Start Menu. Best to check yourself

Two Worlds Moderator

codes provided here should work anywhere you are in the game, provided the game's running. They can work even if start menu is up AFAIK.

Not sure about that Select. JacekS should speak up on that issue; he provided PS3 tip.

You must actually enter these codes before you start either the single player or multi player games at the main screen of the game.

New User

In Xbox version after entering the code you need to outputs from the keyboard and do not validate with START button but with A button so I think that the PS3 is similarly.

Anyone with a PS3 try these out yet?

Two Worlds Moderator

do not validate with START button but with A button so
    Ok, will correct, thanks.

I'll try these out on PS3 in the morning. Excellent thread propheet, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I love you Propheet(well not in a will you marry me kind of way), Thank you sooo much! I knew I could count on you.
    I concur, you're the MAN propheet!

I love this site.

So Propheet how do I get these to work? Select or Start after inputing the text using the text input box? and is the FPS supposed to show somewhere on the HUD?

Two Worlds Moderator

FPS meter will show up as a single line of smaller white numbers/letters running in the upper-left corner of the screen. If you can, try different buttons; if after you press it the console input box disappears, and you see something displayed in terms of FPS/debug info, then it's the proper "accept" button. Airjan confirmed "A" button for Xbox. What's the nearest counterpart on PS pad?

It's weird because when I am in the input console I must press start to exit it and input the text but it just goes back to the main screen. Maybe I am inputing wrong I am not sure....

Two Worlds Moderator

Are you on PS3 or Xbox?

Ps3

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast