Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Modded Gear

  1. #1

    Default Modded Gear

    Alright, this game is absolutely absurd at the moment. The online portion is the part of the game I am talking about. 95% of the Marshlands and Deathmatch/Duel/Crystal Capture games I go into has other players using this green armor. This green armor gives 30,000 Endurance and Strength bonuses. It is 100% unlegit. Also, Many of them also have rings and/or crystals that give 5,000 - 20,000 stat bonuses. Claiming, "It was given to me" or "A european player gave it to me." I am wondering why these items are in the game... Also, how they can remain in the game due to these people being able to one hit kill every single other player in the game in deathmatch/duel/crystal capture games. It is not fun to play. And I STRONGLY dislike it. I currently am lvl 53 archer that is really working hard on gathering accuracy crystals and using fusion to upgrade them to level 7. It is very time consuming and I find it extremely unfair that other players have acquired modded items and are able to use them without consequences and it allows them to be VERY overpowered and absolutely unbalances online gameplay.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerlkjhmn View Post
    Alright, this game is absolutely absurd at the moment. The online portion is the part of the game I am talking about. 95% of the Marshlands and Deathmatch/Duel/Crystal Capture games I go into has other players using this green armor. This green armor gives 30,000 Endurance and Strength bonuses. It is 100% unlegit. Also, Many of them also have rings and/or crystals that give 5,000 - 20,000 stat bonuses. Claiming, "It was given to me" or "A european player gave it to me." I am wondering why these items are in the game... Also, how they can remain in the game due to these people being able to one hit kill every single other player in the game in deathmatch/duel/crystal capture games. It is not fun to play. And I STRONGLY dislike it. I currently am lvl 53 archer that is really working hard on gathering accuracy crystals and using fusion to upgrade them to level 7. It is very time consuming and I find it extremely unfair that other players have acquired modded items and are able to use them without consequences and it allows them to be VERY overpowered and absolutely unbalances online gameplay.
    Those item are Hexed. not having MP save on their server is a big problem. People Hex edit their save and do what ever they want with it. Green gandohar armor, white gandohar armor are hexed, there is even dragon scale armor. those thing don't come with +20 000 stats tho, thats also hexed. Stats capped at like 32647 or something, some but those stats on item, some in their stats already. A lvl 1 could have legit equip but have stats maxed at 32647 and all skill maxed already. I wonder why they didnt put the MP save on their serveir... anyway, its too late now, multiplayer is killed, until they do something for it. Since we conect to their server, at least server could search for all non legit code and ban the char, but im not a programmer or anything so i don't know if its possible. Anyway, best thing to do is to forget PvP and play with people you know.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Sure you mean the stats and not the level being capped at 32647?

  4. #4
    Two Worlds Moderator
    Join Date
    08.06.2007
    Location
    Poznań/Познань/Posen
    Posts
    4,022

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Since we conect to their server,
    On 360 you don't. It's host-client only.
    This signature has been stacked 50 times(and now it can't be upgraded in any other way!).

  5. #5

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by propheet View Post
    On 360 you don't. It's host-client only.
    AH, even harder to get rid of those item i guess. il get the game on PC, more promising.
    on 360, even if there is DLC, people will hex the DLC itself + their char.


    Quote Originally Posted by greatfenri View Post
    Sure you mean the stats and not the level being capped at 32647?
    Both Stats And Lvl capped at 32647. if its not the exact number its really close to it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    This is why I haven't really pvp'd at all in Two Worlds 2. Which is disappointing, because a friend and I bought the game with exactly that in mind.

    I do not cheat, and will not cheat to compete. I'd rather find something else to play, if that's what it comes to. For now I'm keeping myself happy with adventure maps and building up characters/equipment while we wait and see if anything can be done about it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    You mean xbox360 doesn't even have a lobby system? You don't connect to them at all?

    That sucks if so, because it'd mean there's likely zero admin control and probably will never be any punishment for cheaters on xbox....

    Glad i got this on the pc now, but i'm a bit concerned they'd make the game this way for console...i had a higher opinion of the devs than that...my fanboyism is suffering a serious blow.

    I have yet to encounter anyone in PC multiplayer who i thought might be cheating....

  8. #8

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzballx View Post
    You mean xbox360 doesn't even have a lobby system? You don't connect to them at all?

    That sucks if so, because it'd mean there's likely zero admin control and probably will never be any punishment for cheaters on xbox....

    Glad i got this on the pc now, but i'm a bit concerned they'd make the game this way for console...i had a higher opinion of the devs than that...my fanboyism is suffering a serious blow.

    I have yet to encounter anyone in PC multiplayer who i thought might be cheating....
    might get the game on pc... would be nice if devs had a topic here for incoming update and things their working on. il wait to see if they do anything for it on the 360 if not.. screw 360 il get it on PC.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    I don't know, seems that having sub par versions on the console is kind of the trade of the game, as it was with the first one as well. I'm starting to doubt the commitment of some people...

  10. #10
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    19.11.2010
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerlkjhmn View Post
    Alright, this game is absolutely absurd at the moment. The online portion is the part of the game I am talking about. 95% of the Marshlands and Deathmatch/Duel/Crystal Capture games I go into has other players using this green armor. This green armor gives 30,000 Endurance and Strength bonuses. It is 100% unlegit. Also, Many of them also have rings and/or crystals that give 5,000 - 20,000 stat bonuses. Claiming, "It was given to me" or "A european player gave it to me." I am wondering why these items are in the game... Also, how they can remain in the game due to these people being able to one hit kill every single other player in the game in deathmatch/duel/crystal capture games. It is not fun to play. And I STRONGLY dislike it. I currently am lvl 53 archer that is really working hard on gathering accuracy crystals and using fusion to upgrade them to level 7. It is very time consuming and I find it extremely unfair that other players have acquired modded items and are able to use them without consequences and it allows them to be VERY overpowered and absolutely unbalances online gameplay.
    Yep I agree.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerlkjhmn View Post
    Alright, this game is absolutely absurd at the moment. The online portion is the part of the game I am talking about. 95% of the Marshlands and Deathmatch/Duel/Crystal Capture games I go into has other players using this green armor. This green armor gives 30,000 Endurance and Strength bonuses. It is 100% unlegit. Also, Many of them also have rings and/or crystals that give 5,000 - 20,000 stat bonuses. Claiming, "It was given to me" or "A european player gave it to me." I am wondering why these items are in the game... Also, how they can remain in the game due to these people being able to one hit kill every single other player in the game in deathmatch/duel/crystal capture games. It is not fun to play. And I STRONGLY dislike it. I currently am lvl 53 archer that is really working hard on gathering accuracy crystals and using fusion to upgrade them to level 7. It is very time consuming and I find it extremely unfair that other players have acquired modded items and are able to use them without consequences and it allows them to be VERY overpowered and absolutely unbalances online gameplay.
    First off I shall get this out of the way, I do not mod.

    However the only reason anyone really complains about modded stuff is when they don't have it. As you say your self "I find it extremely unfair that other players have acquired modded items." Just goes to say that if you had modded items it would be fair.

    Secondly, with the exception of PvP, how exactly are these mods hurting you, harming your game play, or even making your co-op campaign grinding sessions any less enjoyable then they would normally be. Last I checked when playing something such as the marshlands everybody tends to split up go to various portals and proceed to kill as many zombies as they can until they get tired, bored, or develop carpal tunnel. This results in you seeing these modded characters for about the first 30 seconds of the game and then you wander off on your own. So tell me, how is it that a character who has the ability to inflict massive damage on zombies in order to kill them in one hit granting you experience faster while you are off in your own corner doing your own thing harming your game experience. If anything, it seems to be helping you. Your goal is to level up, and they are helping you do that in the most efficient manner possible.

    To talk about the modded items themselves now. Right now in the game when you reach level 46 you unlock the best armor and weapons available to use. So, seeing that the "legit" level cap is at 390 (I think) what are people supposed to be looking forward too for the next 344 levels? Nothing really, unless new DLC comes out adding more items. This results in a demand and these modders are able to supply it. Since a lot of these modded armor and weapons have garbage stats by themselves, crystals are introduced to make them more powerful. This results in continuous discovery of new things as the game continues. Every time a modded item is introduced into the game, it's another item to get your hands on.

    Now for PvP, if you want to play PvP, there is a thing called Private match. Find some like minded individuals; use these forums if you have to, create a thread saying unmodded characters interested in doing PvP add your gamer tag. When people are online create a private match, invite these people and ta-da. A PvP match with no modded characters.

    So what does modding do?

    Modding finds the bugs and glitches in the game that the game testers should have found. This results in a company able to realize their errors, make corrections and improve upon it in the next game.

    Modding makes it so that the game doesn't end when you reach level 46 in multiplayer.

    Modding allows for people to accomplish the exact same thing easier. Instead of hitting a zombie 5 times while taking a lot of damage resulting in you taking yourself out of combat for you to wait around and heal, you can make yourself seem invincible while killing everything you touch in one hit and run around really fast. Seeming like a god in a video game is always a fun thing to do.

    Modding has its negative affects, such as the Ranked PvP being unavailable unless you want to test your modded gear against people with their own modded gear, but what's done is done, and there isn't much one can do to fix it. Yet PvP is still available in such a way as I described above.

    There are many ways in which you can fix modding, however this response has gone on long enough without me going into detail about fixing it. The creators of this game should know how to solve this problem as well, and if not and they read this post then they can just ask. (I can dream )

    So in conclusion, modding is in the game, and for now, modding is not going to leave the game. So instead of people complaining about this, and saying how unfair it is and how it ruins the game, and how modding killed my pet snake, and because people mod my mom yelled at me for not taking out the trash, and so on and so forth, people should look on the bright side. Modding is not going anywhere, and it will always be around in games, especially in RPG's.

    So grab yourself an epic sword with blue fire emitting from the blade, a set of armor made from dragon scales, and power yourself up to compete with the gods. Then grab your friends and charge headlong into the endless waves of minions who will tremble before your might.

    Besides, what's the point of a Role Playing Game (RPG) if you can't role play?




    Until they patch the game

  12. #12

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    The level 390 characters and the massive 20,000 stat boost items/crystals are not modders finding bugs and glitches.

    This is modders altering the savegame data utilizing and outside program.

    Modders hurt online gaming in alot of ways, creating a massively uneven playing field being just the tip of the iceberg.

    I don't want to use super overpowered characters or items and if they are on the same team as me its the same as using it myself.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    @TheEvilWit

    If someone things it necessary to mod after level 46 (I guess they start far earlier and mod their level anyways) they haven't really understood the game. Instead of altering the files and creating such an uneven surrounding, some people ought to leave the game behind at all, if they are so easily bored. Of course one could argue, that some items should be in the game anyways and for everyone (we see how upset some are about the items being removed), still, it shouldn't be for everyone to choose it for themselves to alter here.
    And I think that especially in a RPG this modding, cheating and every-glitch-there-is-using is rather detrimental to the atmosphere and no part of it.

    I hope that the devs do enrich the game though and do it based and achievable things in-game.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLungs View Post
    The level 390 characters and the massive 20,000 stat boost items/crystals are not modders finding bugs and glitches.

    This is modders altering the savegame data utilizing and outside program.

    Modders hurt online gaming in alot of ways, creating a massively uneven playing field being just the tip of the iceberg.

    I don't want to use super overpowered characters or items and if they are on the same team as me its the same as using it myself.
    You are talking about PvP. If you read my post it addresses that issue. There really is no "playing field" in the campaign, each person does his own thing. You can sit in a corner and gain exp from things people kill, you can boot people out of your lobby, you can end the game, you can go your own way, kill things your self, do a private session campaign with those who don't mod. You can do the co op campaign by yourself and just be in party chat with people if all you want is the social aspect. All you are doing is focusing on the fact that people mod, not on the things you can do about it.

    So instead of going around on forums expressing your displeasure about people who don't care what you think (not trying to be mean, but people who mod could care less if you don't like them modding, its a proven fact.) , directed at people who can't do anything about, (random people who read your post are unable to fix the modding issues in the game) you can go and play the game the way you want to play it. There is nothing stopping you.

    Modders, modded items, modded stats, modded this and that, you don't have to interact with them and they won't interact with you. However if you are the one who has a issue with what other people do, then that is your fault. If you choose not to associate with anything modded at all, that is your choice. Being your choice you should not complain about it.
    Edit:
    Just make it like Diablo 2, have a modding server and a non modding serving. Fixed. That would be the best way. However there are multiple ways to fix the issue.
    Last edited by TheEvilWit; 12.02.2011 at 20:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #15

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilWit View Post
    You are talking about PvP. If you read my post it addresses that issue. There really is no "playing field" in the campaign, each person does his own thing. You can sit in a corner and gain exp from things people kill, you can boot people out of your lobby, you can end the game, you can go your own way, kill things your self, do a private session campaign with those who don't mod. You can do the co op campaign by yourself and just be in party chat with people if all you want is the social aspect. All you are doing is focusing on the fact that people mod, not on the things you can do about it.

    So instead of going around on forums expressing your displeasure about people who don't care what you think (not trying to be mean, but people who mod could care less if you don't like them modding, its a proven fact.) , directed at people who can't do anything about, (random people who read your post are unable to fix the modding issues in the game) you can go and play the game the way you want to play it. There is nothing stopping you.

    Modders, modded items, modded stats, modded this and that, you don't have to interact with them and they won't interact with you. However if you are the one who has a issue with what other people do, then that is your fault. If you choose not to associate with anything modded at all, that is your choice. Being your choice you should not complain about it.
    Edit:
    Just make it like Diablo 2, have a modding server and a non modding serving. Fixed. That would be the best way. However there are multiple ways to fix the issue.
    I''m pretty sure, at least on the pc, that this isn't how it works. This won't be tolerated and they act upon it (not sure about the rules though). So this theory doesn't work like that. They seem to have regular items removed out of some balancing wishes, no you really think it makes no difference when complaining about it? Think again!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    The only part of TheEvilWhit's post I agree with is the edit.

    Make Open (local saves) and Closed (server saves) gameplay.

    They wouldn't even need to have the game run on a developer server. Xboxers could still connect client-server xbox to xbox. All that would be required is an authentication/character storage server for closednet type games.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by greatfenri View Post
    I''m pretty sure, at least on the pc, that this isn't how it works. This won't be tolerated and they act upon it (not sure about the rules though). So this theory doesn't work like that. They seem to have regular items removed out of some balancing wishes, no you really think it makes no difference when complaining about it? Think again!
    Well then you haven't played a console version. They have done nothing to fix the problem and it's just getting worse. Even when you look at the banned item list it apparently is only in regards to PC right now. So yes So unless you can go and fix it (Since that is who who people are complaining to, people like you and me.) or have experience playing it on the 360, your input, reasoning, and examples are invalid.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    greatfenri's input, reasoning, and examples actually speak to the philosophy of the developers towards their game.

    To date the PC is the only platform to receive any real support. The devlopers have not encouraged people to alter their savegame data and use these altered items/characters in multiplayer. In fact it is quite the opposite.

    One would hope that the developers don't feel that it is important to only protect the integrity of the PC Game while letting the 360 experience deteriorate into only cheaters left playing their game.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLungs View Post
    greatfenri's input, reasoning, and examples actually speak to the philosophy of the developers towards their game.

    To date the PC is the only platform to receive any real support. The devlopers have not encouraged people to alter their savegame data and use these altered items/characters in multiplayer. In fact it is quite the opposite.

    One would hope that the developers don't feel that it is important to only protect the integrity of the PC Game while letting the 360 experience deteriorate into only cheaters left playing their game.
    So what you are saying is that all developers have the same philosophy as greatfenri towards their games?

    That in itself is an utmost lie.

    the developers have not come out and told us to mod game saves. However they have encouraged it by limiting what players can do.

  20. #20
    Two Worlds Moderator
    Join Date
    08.06.2007
    Location
    Poznań/Познань/Posen
    Posts
    4,022

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    However they have encouraged it by limiting what players can do.
    That's a faulty, jesuit logic. So, if something is not allowed, limited or inaccessible, it automatically is encouraged? So in R/L that means, stealing is encouraged? Rape? Killing? You're limited to 60 on the freeway, does it mean you're encouraged to switch lanes and go 120?

    That's not to say you're wrong, it's just that type of commentary is laughable. Also: per licensing of the product you're actually legally forbidden from modifying the game's data. So no, it's not only not encouraged, it's unlawful to mod the game this way. The only legally allowed modding right now is per SDK-allowed exceptions, but there's no SDK yet. Even mods for PCs are in a very grey area atm and completely forbidden (Expressly so!) in PC MP.
    This signature has been stacked 50 times(and now it can't be upgraded in any other way!).

  21. #21

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    I'm playing on the PS3 for months now and I have yet to come across anything that seems odd. If we are talking especially about the X360 version, well, ok, I can't comment it in detail.

    But MrLungs said it, as well as Propheet, there is enough reason behind the move against mods and by this, there is no real reason to judge upon such complaints and to even make them look as they are a disturbance to the board community. You might be right in some points, when it comes down to the 360. But I guess that here too, if enough ppl voice their complaints, there could be some form of development. And not just leaving it be and getting along with it.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Well now, that is just blowing things out of proportion. Comparing elements in a game to killing and raping people in real life. When you enter the realm of real life, morals, ethics, and common sense begin to apply.
    When a game stops giving you items when you reach level 46, do you immediately stop wanting items? Not really, I was rather disappointed when I found out. When you are travelling on the freeway going 60, you might want to go 100, more excitement, get where you are going faster, etc. Yet you know the law can catch you, and you know that you could very well be endangering some one's life. There may be laws for Two Worlds Two attempting to protect the game from people modifying it, but from what I've seen there is no in game "police." Tons of people mod the game, and not a single one I have heard of has had their account banned. Where as in real life you can end up going to jail or being fined. However if the only thing the police is going to do is give you a tap on the wrist and ask you kindly not to do it again, things won't change.

    If the police etc. did not exist in real life or any other governing force of power to prevent you from going over the speed limit, and the road signs said you are only allowed 60; most likely not many people would follow that sign.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    That is why ppl complain about it, so maybe the X360 will get something of the sort like the pc version. And there are consequences there.

    Still, I don't know what your point is (other than trying to say, that mods are ok or a must for this or any game). Ppl think it sucks that others use this, because maybe they want to share the game as it is for everybody from the get go, and not because they want them too (or more likely it creates a conflict between both). They come to this public platform and complain about it. What is so strange about it?

  24. #24

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    1. My point is: Mods are a part of the game, not saying they are a must, not saying they are good.

    2. Many people think mods are awesome. Almost every single person I have run into playing Two Worlds Two on the Xbox have a modded item or want one. OP would agree with me, according to his observations only 5% of the TWT population doesn't want modded items. That means 95% of the TWT population will be ticked off when they lose their modded gear. What ever happened to appeasing the masses?

    3. You will never see people on forums complaining how you can't mod in things. That the developer should allow you too, why is that? One answer could be that people like to complain when things are changed. Or people like to complain when they don't get their way. Or people want others to listen to what they say even if it's very irrelevant.

    4. People will start to complain when the modding is patched. I have already seen posts on here of people on PC wanting certain items back in the PC version.

    5. Why are those people who complain that taking modding out are always the right one's? The moment someone like me comes a long and says "hey look mods, here are some benefits," that person is instantly wrong.

    6. Why are people still complaining about mods when they are in the process of fixing them. As we have seen with the PC. Will one more person's complaint make the patches better?

    7. There is nothing strange about people complaining about the choices they make, it's just sad.

    8. How does a guy with modded gear fighting zombies off in a corner of a map by themselves affect you in anyway. Unless he is in the corner you wanted to be in.
    Last edited by TheEvilWit; 12.02.2011 at 23:05.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Modded Gear

    Again, this is very 360 centered and as the topic was made as such, I don't want to go into detail. But again, you have two other platforms and there seems not to be this way.

    But there are issues on all systems by ppl who abuse it and make the sense of some game mods disappear. That's why there is almost nothing going on in PVP. Some ppl won't let themselves be forced to use such systems, where the game gives (or gave in some instances) you ample opportunity to collect and craft you enough stuff and with enough things to do while getting there.

    Sorry, but this is sorry logic now: you go into a group of people that like their stuff to be played out and earned instead of modding, cheating and glitch abusing, have a single opposite argument and think it anything other than normal that you are wrong? Maybe you should go to a non-official modding board then, if this is you kind of people.
    And as you see, there are ppl against it (although you don't seem to understand that there are other reasons and drives except the ones you postulate, which builds to uneven conclusions) and others think it alright.

    And I understand that the devs are still pretty cautious with these things in MP and they don't want any meddling there. I respect that. You can use mods in SP, so there is no real ban in general.
    Last edited by greatfenri; 12.02.2011 at 23:21.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •